Funny political quotes are probably what keep us voting for politicians, year after year. We couldn’t bear to live a life without our dear politicians. They get our most polarized reactions. And it’s not strange that it is so, as their work influences our daily lives in all areas. We have witnessed all sorts of politicians – stupid, weak, powerful, smart, born leaders – but the ones we remember with smiles on our faces are the funny ones. While their most successful colleagues are remembered by their wisdom and profound sayings, blooper-politicians are remembered for their ability to make us laugh.
This website collects some of the funniest quotes about politics around the web, and praises the ones who spoke the words.
My personal favorite is always our beloved President, and actor, Ronald Raegan:
- I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. – Ronald Raegan
Another presidential funny political quote:
- It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose yours. – Harry S. Truman
- The question is why are politicians so eager to be president? What is it about the job that makes it worth revealing on national television that you have the ethical standards of a slime-coated piece of industrial waste? – Dave Barry
- I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. – Will Rogers
Politics should be business of smart, intelligent, educated leaders. So, why is it that we often end up with the other kind? Why do they have so many bloopers? Is it the pressure, or is it that they just don’t care? Or, maybe, all the best people take no interest in politics, and instead pursue some other profession, like medicine, education, or economy.
Of course, there are those who contributed to well-being of their people. Even my favorite, Reagan, was fighting to reduce taxes on the most vulnerable groups. But that seem to excuse them from making the same mistakes over and over again. To see some of those click here. These are just some of these profoundly funny political sayings:
- Politicians and diapers should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason. – Mark Twain
- I believe that Ronald Reagan will someday make this country what it once was… an arctic wilderness. – Steve Martin
- I remember when I first came to Washington. For the first six months you wonder how the hell you ever got here. For the next six months you wonder how the hell the rest of them ever got here. – Harry S. Truman
- It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. – Ronald Raegan
- If you want to study the social and political history of modern nations study hell. – Thomas Merton
- Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. – Groucho Marx
- Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half. – Gore Vidal
So what should we do? To be honest, I prefer to be the one who makes jokes on me, not some politicians. I will keep voting and try to get the best leader elected. But if I fail, well, I can always smile. For more funny political quotes visit http://funnypoliticalquotes.angelfire.com/